Tuesday 8 December 2009

Green Beans

This afternoon I randomly found this lovely blog called http://ajphotostylist.blogspot.com/. The green beans caught my eye, over the last few months, I have this urge to cook green beans with all our meals...curry...chiense...and even pickling. No I am not pregnant, but I simply love them. Maybe a nutritionist out there would be able to enlighten me in why my body loves the idea of green beans. Alas, enough of this talk, here is another inspired way to cook them.

Green beans with Shallots and Mushrooms
Trim the stem end from1pound green beans in a heavy pan, over medium heat add 3 tablespoons olive oil then add 1 large sliced shallot bulb 4 cups sliced mushrooms, I like to mix varieties but any mushroom you like will do Saute until everything is nicely browned Blanch the Green beans in salted boiling water until bright green, drain well Toss blanched & drained green beans with the mushrooms and the shallots I like to add a handful of basil leaves to brighten the flavors* optional, season to taste, serve warm
Both recipes serve 6 as a side dish.

1 comment:

  1. OOh Yum!! thank you so much for sharing your recipe, I tempted to try your green beans tomorrow!

    And thank you for the blog link : )

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you x